If you are looking for some easy crafting ideas this Easter, why not try making this paper Easter Basket? It is quick to make and is an ideal project for the whole family. In just a few minutes, you will have a pretty basket that you can fill with chocolates or other Easter themed gifts.
Assemble Your Materials
You will need:
- Glue or adhesive tape
- A sheet of thin card or paper with a pretty design. As a guide, a 15cm square will make a mini basket
- A thin strip of card to make a handle
- Optional decorations
- Pencil and ruler
- Place your paper design side down and use your ruler and pencil to draw an evenly spaced 3 x 3 grid, so you end up with nine even squares. Carefully fold the paper along each line separating the squares to make a crease.
- On opposite sides of the square, cut the two lines going in from top to bottom towards the central square, stopping when you reach the central square.
- Carefully fold in the right and left sides of the paper and bring them up and in to turn it into a basket. Please don’t bring the folds all the way across but keep them at an angle to the central squares where you first made the cuts, as this helps to form a pretty basket shape.
- Use glue to hold the folds in place, or you can use it is of tape inside where it will not be seen.
- Take your thin strip of card or paper to make a handle, gluing or taking it in place. As a guide, the strip should be about the same length as your square, so for example, if you used a 15 cm square of card, then cut a 15cm length of the card to make a usable handle.
- If you wish, you can now decorate the basket, and this is a great opportunity to get creative and get crafting with your kids during the Easter holidays.
Line the basket with coloured tissue paper to make it even prettier. Fill your basket with appropriate goodies, depending on who will receive it.