This light and tasty tart is perfect for spring.
120g goats’ cheese
1 finely sliced leek
250g shortcrust pastry
150g new potatoes
1tbsp olive oil
225g frozen peas
30 g of mint leaves
- Grease a 23 cm fluted tart tin and roll out the pastry on a floured surface. Line the tin, prick the base with a fork and chill for at least 20 minutes.
- Cook the new potatoes in boiling water until tender, drain, then slice when cool.
- Cook the peas, then drain and refresh in cold water and reserve two tablespoons. Place the remainder into a food processor with 75 g of the goats’ cheese, mint and seasoning. Pulse until it has a consistency similar to Pesto. Thinly slice the remaining cheese.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C and line the pastry case with foil and then baking beans, and bake for 20 minutes. Remove the foil and beans and continue to bake for another 10 minutes until golden.
- Remove the case from the oven and reduce heat to 180°C. Heat the olive oil in a saucepan, add the leeks and cover, cooking for five minutes until just beginning to soften. Remove the lid and continue to cook for another 10 minutes until completely soft.
- Whisk the eggs in a jug with the milk and seasoning. Place the leek over the base of the pastry case, with the sliced potatoes on top. Place the pea pesto in dollops and pour over eggs. Top with remaining peas and cheese slices. Cook for 30 minutes until set.
- Allow to cool for ten minutes before serving.