Experience the vibrant flavours of the season with our tantalizing Spring Lamb in Herbs recipe. This delightful dish captures the essence of springtime, combining succulent lamb with aromatic herbs for a culinary journey that awakens the senses.
- 500g lamb chops or leg of lamb
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Prep the Lamb: If using a leg of lamb, ensure it’s trimmed and deboned. Pat the lamb dry with paper towels to remove excess moisture. Season both sides of the lamb with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Create the Herb Infusion: In a small bowl, combine the minced garlic, finely chopped rosemary, and fresh thyme leaves. Add the lemon zest and a drizzle of olive oil. Mix well to create a fragrant herb paste.
- Coat the Lamb: Generously rub the herb paste over both sides of the lamb, ensuring an even coating. Allow the lamb to marinate for at least 30 minutes, allowing the flavours to meld.
- Sear the Lamb: Heat a skillet or grill pan over medium-high heat. Add the remaining olive oil. Once the oil is hot, carefully place the lamb on the pan. Sear the lamb for about 3-4 minutes on each side, or until desired doneness is achieved.
- Rest and Serve: Remove the lamb from the heat and let it rest for a few minutes before slicing. This allows the juices to redistribute, ensuring tender and succulent meat. Slice the lamb into portions and serve immediately.
- Garnish and Enjoy: For an added burst of freshness, garnish the lamb with additional sprigs of fresh rosemary and thyme leaves before serving.
Indulge in the rich flavours of the season with our Spring Lamb in Herbs recipe. With aromatic rosemary, thyme, and zesty lemon, this dish captures the essence of spring on your plate.